- Fioramonti, L. 2013. "Is it time to take free movement of people in Southern Africa seriously?", African Development Bank, 7 June.
- Segatti, A. 2013. "Business Bill: Target trade policies not people", The New Age, 10 May.
- Segatti, A. 2012. "Conflict over the role of migrant labour in the economy", Business Day, 26 June
Presentations given at the SIHMA/CPLO Seminar#2 "The human cost of undocumented migration: Alternatives to irregular entry in South Africa, 30 July 2014, Cape Town:
- Paradigms, Policy, and Practices: examining the current context of migration to South Africa with a special focus on lower skilled labour migrants - Zaheera Jinnah
(See also: Seminar summary / Website)
Presentations given at the XVIth International Sociological Association Congress, Yokohama, Japan, 13-19 July 2014:
- Mobilising Migrant Workers in the South African Post-Migrant Labour Regime: Precarity, Xenophobia and Invisibility - Aurelia Segatti & Janet Munakamwe
(R44 Panel 'Building Global Worker Communities among Migrant Worker Diasporas'.)
- Class, Identity and Mobilisation: a Study of Commercial Farm Workers in Mpumalanga, South Africa - Zaheera Jinnah & Janet Munakamwe
(R44 Panel 'Mobilising at the Margins: Comparing Informal Worker Organizing around the World'.)
Presentation made to the Migrating out of Poverty Consortium on reforming labour migration regimes, 19 March 2014, Wits University:
- Comparative Perspectives on Reforming Regional Migrant Labour Regimes: Theoretical questions and empirical insights from Southern Africa
Presentations given at the The International Labour Organisation (ILO) consultative meeting "Towards a Regional Strategy on Labour Migration" with the Southern African Development Community (SADC), Boksburg, 21-23 August 2013:
- General presentation (English)
- A region without borders? Policy frameworks for regional labour migration towards South Africa - WP1
Une région sans frontières? Politiques publiques régulant les migrations de travail régionales vers l'Afrique du Sud - WP1
- Data: Improving the quality of statistical data on foreign labout in South Africa - WP2
Données: Améliorer la qualité des données statistiques sur la main-d'oeuvre étrangère en Afrique du Sud - WP2
- Sectoral studies on low and higly skilled foreign workers in South Africa - WP3
Etudes sectorielles sur la main-d'oeuvre étrangère peu et très qualifée en RSA - WP3
- Social Security and social protection of migrants in SADC - WP4
Sécurité sociale et protection sociale des migrants dans la SADC - WP4
- Cape Talk 702 with Stephen Grootes Government Redtape prevents foreign doctors from practising in SA - Based on a response to MiWORC Report No 7 Draft Launch (29 September, 2014).
- Cape Talk 702 with Stephen Grootes Every Country Needs Doctors- Minister Motsoaledi - Based on a response to MiWORC Report No 7 Draft Launch (30 September, 2014).
- African Dialogue with Benjamin Moshatama interviewing Chris Nshimbi on Channel Radio Africa The African Passport and Free Movement of People on the Continent (16 February, 2015).